Thursday, September 3, 2015



Donna's Daily Works or Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.

This blog will be used to share news, and daily drawings or paintings; things I start and often finish each day. I began the month of September with Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. This is my third time doing this, and it's fun. Whether I'm painting for myself or teaching a class, I work in oil each day anyway. Events like this allow me to see the work of others and meet new friends along the way. Good things... :)
My home studio is close to Lake Allatoona in Northwest Georgia, so I go there often to sketch in charcoal and oil. The image below shows a quick study from yesterday, and my post for the 30 in 30 challenge. I worked this one up using canvas paper - for me it's a great quick surface for studies - lightweight for transport and I can tape the studies to board and store them pretty easily for the trip home; always a good thing.
                                     
Hot, Cool Water oil on about 6 x 9 canvas paper

Tomorrow is also the August ArtWalk in Marietta, Georgia. These events take place the first Friday, through the April to November season. They also do a sort of warm up the first Friday in March. Rain or Shine, there is music and art, food and beverage for all.
I work from the Red Door Gallery with Jenny King and six other artists. The working gallery is located on the south side of the Square in Historic Marietta, right above the Australian Bakery. Our theme for this month's event is AIR. We've been working through the elements this summer.
For about a year now I've been putting together a series in ink and charcoal that features the movement of dance. Our daughter is a dancer and my muse. The image below shows my current work for tomorrow's show. I work these final pieces on cradled wood panels and finish them with polyurethane, so no glass is needed. Thanks very much for stopping by - Peace and Health

             
What If You Can Fly? Charcoal on 19 x 25 wood panel


No comments:

Post a Comment