Saturday, September 5, 2015



http://www.donnashiver.com/

Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


Today's daily painting posted for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge is pictured below. It's a favorite bridge, and a place where I often paint. There are fishermen around, and as they seldom notice me, I get figure studies done too. :) Images below my oil painting show two sketches in charcoal. They represent the bridge from either side. I enjoy charcoal and it gives me great information about the light and dark values in a landscape. These often come first in the form of thumbnail sketches -


Bridge, Early Morning, oil on 8 x 10 canvas panel


This approximate 10 x 20 size charcoal shows the side of the bridge I painted in oil.
This similar size charcoal shows the opposite side of the bridge.

Last evening was the September First Friday ArtWalk in Marietta, Georgia. I worked a paint event for Red Door Gallery, located above the Australian Bakery on the Historic Marietta Square. Seven artists share and work this space. Open hours through the week are 12 to 2 pm, but appointments to tour the gallery are encouraged and welcome, http://www.reddoor48.com/index.html for more information.

Unfamiliar with the square in Marietta? It's located north of Atlanta, just about a half hour drive on I-75. The ArtWalk Season begins with a warm-up show the first Friday in March, and runs through November when the best in show artists do an encore presentation. Here are some photos of last night's paint event in the Beer Garden just in back of Hemingway's Restaurant - thanks for stopping by. Peace and Health -


First artists to paint on the community panel

Sophomore from Marietta High School shows off her splatter technique

Flow Artist and participant of the ArtWalk makes her mark

Loved the enthusiasm of these fine artists

Picasso in the making


Tank, the French Bulldog makes a great print - if you get my meaning?

Proof in the pudding :)




No comments:

Post a Comment