Tuesday, September 22, 2015



Donna's Daily Works - I call these my Apple A Day Works - much like an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me learn and become more aware of the color, design and shape of my art. 


 Today is one for catching up as I have not posted since Friday. I've been preparing materials for classes, doing family things, cutting grass and yes....painting. :)

 So this morning I'm posting some work from the past few days.

This is a little painting I worked in a field that's very close to my home studio - painting knife to get things done quickly before the light shifted too much. I believe I posted this one for the 30 in 30 challenge on Saturday. Horses graze here and I really love the trees - very green and a great place to slow down for an hour. I can bring an apple or carrots for the horses and they'll come up for some conversation and close sketching. The charcoal study below shows Trio, a sketch from the other side of the field shown in the painting.

Sunset in Field, 6 x 6 oil on canvas


Trio, charcoal on18 x 24 paper

Sunday was a family day. I did some things in the morning quite early, but late that night I decided to revisit a plein air study from a while back. This daily was my 30 in 30 post for Sunday - it shows a coastal scene with a lighthouse in the distance. I do love this spot and thought it would be a nice quick study before bed. Once again, this was done with a painting knife to make the work go fast.

That's all for now. Thanks so much for stopping by. Do have a good and productive day...Peace and Health -

Lighthouse, 6 x 8 oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment