Monday, September 7, 2015

Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


This morning I began a set up of clementines in a glass dish for a 10 x 8 canvas. Here's a progress shot of a block in - playing with the study of the fruit and may wipe this one away to do a smaller composition. Apologies for the photo quality, just my iphone here. I'll post the finished work tomorrow.


Blocking in oranges shown to the left

My post for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 paint challenge is shown below. My husband and I made a business trip to Toronto last month and painted by the pier on a couple of days. It's a lovely area with loads of people walking their dogs. Great area - do visit sometime soon.


Toronto Pier, 9 x 12 oil on canvas paper

In closing, here is a portrait study I recently did in one sitting. It's oil on an 18 x 24 size wood panel and is part of my dance series. All for now - for those celebrating Labor Day here in the states, be safe. Peace and Health everyone -


Focus and Exhale, 18 x 24 oil on wood panel


No comments:

Post a Comment