Monday, September 14, 2015


Donna's Daily Works or Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me learn and become more aware of the color, design and shape of my art.

I've posted this here before, but to remind myself...this blog will serve to share work, news and daily process; drawings and paintings. Thanks -


This morning I will take my husband to the airport for a two-week trip overseas. We are getting his things packed up - only two days home this time. Instead of getting a painting started, I'm looking at more framing ideas. I find it helpful to play around with the composition of a work - images below show a 6 x 12 demo for a charcoal class I do by the lake - they're a lot of fun. So I've cut a mat and am looking at ways I might crop the image.

Here is the full view -

Charcoal demo at Galts Ferry Park in Woodstock, Georgia  






For me, more of the land is nice



It's nice to look at things, composition and what is most vital or important to the work. When all is done, I'll likely keep the entire image for the framing, but I have cropped drawings to give more impact to a certain area, or focal point. Charcoal is lush with value and so I rely on this during the drawing and when framing a work.


About to head out to the International Terminal in Atlanta, but I've attached my daily painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge below. I enjoy daily studies, preparing panels, choosing a palette, the starting, wiping away, beginning again, but mostly the doing...such a mixture of real time for contemplation and gotta get this done before things shift and change. :)
This is a good fishing spot and a wonderful painting location...Downstream. That's all for now - I very much appreciate you stopping by. Peace and Health

Downstream, 8 x 10 oil on canvas






No comments:

Post a Comment