Friday, September 4, 2015

http://www.donnashiver.com/home.html


Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


This morning I'm working to frame pieces for the First Friday ArtWalk in Marietta, Georgia - hours tonight are 5 to 9. I'll be in the Beer Garden from 5 - 7 with a community paint event for Red Door Gallery. The finished painting by all the folks at the Artwalk who participate will be put up for auction, and proceeds benefit Relay for Life.

I'm working alongside artist friend Jessica Killpack today. She's exploring the possibilities of cold wax and oil. Here are a few photos of our process and my early morning study for day 4 of the 30 in 30 painting challenge with Leslie Saeta.


I worked with a hammered spray paint in black over the frame pictured below. It was a brick red before, not bad but not complimentary for this work which is representative of AIR. I wanted to continue a feeling of lighter than air - ethereal...all for now. Enjoy the day everyone. Thanks for stopping by - Peace and Health...


RED - Day 4 of 30 in 30 challenge with Leslie Saeta

But What If You Fly? 19 x 25 framed, no glass, charcoal on finished panel








Bridge, Plein Air Work, 10 x 8 canvas, plus framework

Jessica is working with a brayer, cold wax and oil - FUN
And a tools bought from Home Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment