Tuesday, September 8, 2015


Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


This morning I did get out early to sketch by the lake, but more more than anything, today has been an organization and paint day. Below is a photo that shows my oranges from yesterday, and it's my post for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge; day 8 I believe. For anyone who doesn't know about this, but has an interest, here's the link http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

And my 60 minute painting of oranges from yesterday.

Theory of Orange, 60 minute painting, 8 x 10 oil on canvas

When I returned from the lake this morning, I started a few things. About mid-morning I put a set up together that features a red olive jar I found while at the market one day. Now I love olives - a lot - but this jar is really red and kinda lush in appearance. It may sound peculiar, but the tones are beautiful under light. And did I mention I really like olives...anyway, you all can be the judge.
That's all for today. Thanks very much for stopping by - Peace and Health


Olive Jar, oil on 8 x 10 canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment