Friday, October 16, 2015




I call these my Apple A Day Works

Potted Plant, 5.5 x 8.5 notebook
like an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a quick work at the 
start of each day teaches me so much 
and keeps me aware of  the color, design 
and shape of my art.




A morning work - 15 minute sketch in
notebook. Love this potted plant. The shapes are wonderful to work with and just a little information - light and dark values - gives me something to refer back to at a later date.











Tomatoes are a great shape too, and I love the vines on fresh produce. Such fun to figure out -



Vine Ripe, charcoal on 6 x 12 paper






I love the shape of pears and paint them a few times a week. They offer such a variety of planes and the colors are lush. I never grow tired of them and always feel the challenge of form with each study.
That's all for now....thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Peace and Health all -

Green Pear, oil on 5 x 7 canvas

Green Pear, oil on 5 x 7 canvas






No comments:

Post a Comment