Sunday, October 25, 2015




Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.



Yellow  Flower, 6 x 10 oil on primed linen matboard


As the week begins there are things to do for work and family - All Hallow's Eve is next weekend and I'm getting materials ready to make our scarecrow for the yard. This is the only time I enjoy raking leaves. :) Here is last year's scarecrow, during the day and evening. Our kids in the neighborhood love it. This year I'm thinking of a Ghost Rider for my husband's Harley.....:)








And last evening I went up the road to a secluded older church for some sketching with charcoal. FUN...


Church At Dusk, 5.5 x 8.5 notebook


Last post for today, a plein air I did at Rope Mill Park - not far from my home studio. It's beautiful there with trails and water complete with rapids. This was done in by the water; 15 minutes using a plastic palette knife with a bit of linseed oil and Gamsol. The paint was really easy to push around and it made things go even faster. These quick draws get me warmed up, thinking and moving. I don't take a lot of time with them. It seems the more I just DO, the better. It's a liberating experience and gets me ready to work on larger paintings.

That's all for now...thanks so much for stopping by. Peace and Health - 

Rope Mill Reflections, 5 x 7 oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment