Friday, September 9, 2016


Water's Edge, 6 x 6 canvas panel

Practice to Learn...


Studies help me to learn so much; those things that work and also what does not. These practice paintings are not always the strongest work, but they allow me to examine subject matter with no preconceived notion - other than the learning involved. In this case, I can practice the figure and go forward with a working knowledge of what to improve upon. I've put together several smaller paintings this summer as prep for a series of larger pieces, 24 x 24 size paintings. I got out yesterday and did a few others. Here is Day 9 for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge and a few of my finds...

Thanks for looking - I welcome you to visit me at donnashiver.com 

Peace and Health all - 


Beach Accessories, 8 x 8 oil on canvas panel   SOLD

Perfect Onesie, 6 x 6 oil on canvas panel   SOLD

Active Wear, 6 x 6 oil on canvas panel  SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment