Tuesday, September 6, 2016


Shallots with Bowl, 8 x 8 oil on canvas panel

Red, Blue, Yellow & White...


These shallots were sitting at my desk yesterday. I love their coloring. I'd been working on a drawing for a while. Switching gears keeps me sane...most of the time, so I picked out my size 8 or 10 angled brush, a smaller palette knife and my glass palette of red, blue, yellow and white. I can't be positive of the size anymore of my brushes, the print wears away quickly; I guess most of the time.

The set up for this was very quick. I placed the items on a cloth just under a lamp with a daylight bulb and started painting. Light across the objects was my goal, so I kept things brief; lights first then mid tones and the addition of darker values to ground things.


This is my post for Day 6 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge. Thanks for taking a moment to look and I hope your day is good. Please visit me at donnashiver.com and be well.

Peace and Health all - :)

No comments:

Post a Comment