Friday, January 29, 2016


Finding A Way...


Red Onion, 6 x 6 oil on canvas


It' been a while since I've posted. Work has been my focus...that and trying to find my way through methods to teach others and myself. Classes have started back for me and my students and I could not be happier. They may never know how much their desire to pick up charcoal and a brush lift my spirits. 

As I strive to find ways to communicate practices to each of them, I'm reminded of things that I work to improve my skill set. Not only that, but every session pushes my communication skills and gives me insight into teaching, or sharing ideas.






Red Onion was a fun morning sketch and taught me more than I can say...this small work pushed me. I hit a wall or three and am better for it. I've posted this on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge for today - I'm behind here as well. More information on all the artists participating here http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/

Here's my set up by my usual window in my home studio, plus the brief color chart I did half way through my struggle to figure out the fresh colors I was looking for. The time was well spent and I came back with a fresh eye and new perspective. Breaks mixed with persistence work well toward helping me find my way. May you all find yours today. Thanks for stopping by and I welcome you to visit me at donnashiver.com
Peace and Health All - 


Red Onion Set Up



Tinting Chart


Blue & White Umbrella


On Point, Gesture Sketch in ink


2 comments: