Thursday, November 12, 2015



Wave Value Study on leftover paper, about 12 x 14
Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.
 

Seascapes are a favorite of mine to work through. I learn so much each time I make the attempt to draw or paint water. This wave was great fun to play around with in charcoal.




I like to try these out in charcoal first, experimenting with light and dark values and looking at the varying degrees of those values...it really helps me with composition, proportion and value.

A range of values allows me to utilize black, gray and white to the advantage of the composition.
Value Scale picture below courtesy of http://www.creativeglossary.com/drawing/value-scale.html



I've incorporated simple value scales using vine and compressed charcoal with my drawing of this sphere. The dark value in my background helps me show the edges of the sphere without need for line.
Sphere, charcoal on paper




Cone, charcoal on paper


Just for fun, I decided to draw a cone too -
it's my favorite. 

That's all for now - Thanks for stopping by.
Have a good evening

Peace and Health -














Daily - Orange with Oil, 5 x 7 oil on canvas












No comments:

Post a Comment