Tuesday, November 3, 2015



Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


When it comes to paint tubes, I do my best to keep these precious items sealed to protect the paint. A pair of pliers works well for those stuck paint caps. I try to keep these tools close by because finding things can take me as much time as the work itself. :) For those times, I have been known to cut the bottom of a paint tube and then just secure it with one of those small metal clips from Home Depot.


There was no fruit on the verge of becoming wine today so I set up this paint tube - almost completely used up but still good subject matter. I folded it and gave it an interesting shape that I thought would be a challenge. It certainly was...and that's a good thing. Hope you enjoy -


Oil on 6 x 8 panel

This charcoal sketch is in preparation for a similar work in oil. I always like to do a value study before moving into oil; very helpful. Beautiful little girl. :) I'm looking forward to beginning the oil study.




Running, charcoal on about 14 x 24 size paper




I'll close today with a work from the spring. I love this spot. The green is lush and the shade is inviting. It's not too far from my house and although there's not a great place to set up, my car does pretty well. The cattle don't venture toward the road very often, but I'm hoping to coax them my way soon. :)




Oil on wood panel, about 7 x 10


That's all for now...thanks very much for stopping by. Hope your day is good - Peace and Health


No comments:

Post a Comment