Sunday, November 8, 2015



Slice Anyone? 5 x 7 oil on canvas




Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.










Today I'm preparing materials for a presentation and chat tomorrow night in Dallas, Georgia. Members of the Northwest Georgia Artist's Guild have invited me to chat, give a demonstration and show work. I happily accepted and am most grateful for this opportunity.


That said, I'm putting things together and trying to organize in studio. Although my work can takeover our home at times, I use two room for my art. There's a portion of our common area that I've sort of quartered off for painting and computer work. Then I also have a room for storage of finished work and framing. I've decided it's time to invite clients to tour my studio and have a demonstration, showing here. I think clients appreciate this - they are able to see my work in various stages...we talk and they can ask questions. It's a personable experience and they can get to know me a bit better.
So, I am actively working to better organize my space for my benefit and for those who enter. The process is good for my own well being and overall confidence, not to mention when I need something, tools are placed within reach or eyesight. I don't spend valuable time looking for things, and that's a good thing. It makes me more productive and ready to create.



This morning I worked with a quick set up of dark grapes and a single clementine. The contrasting color combination won me over instantly. It was a good, fun set up for a limited palette - ultramarine blue, touches of pthalo blue, terra rosa, cad yellow, plus white. I took this shot 30 minutes into the work. After a quick break I went back and make final touches to the work.

Morning set up still in progress
Final work is here - I like the developed, undeveloped look of this daily and they are quick to finish up as well.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment