Sunday, September 6, 2015



Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.

Good day all -


Here is a 40 minute 8 x 10 painting on prepared paper. These give me time to react without having to think too much. I can just work with no expectations - something I consider a good thing before my second cup of coffee. :)

Morning Quick Study in oil, 8 x 10 prepared paper


   
Today's post for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days is below. It shows a view of the water in South Carolina. Beautiful location with those gray, blue, green waters...and even now I'm drawn to the shape of this white barge. It was great fun to figure out the values here.

White Barge, oil on 6 x 8 canvas panel


In conjunction with this site for daily work, I decided to craft my first newsletter to share news that I recently received confirmation my portrait entitled Hillary was chosen for publication in North Light Books, Strokes of Genius 8. This was a surprise and I am extremely honored to have my work published alongside so many other skilled artists. My goal is to get a schedule going for monthly mailings of my newsletter by January of 2016. I'm posting a copy here as well.





Finally, sharing a sampling of photos from one of my 2015 summer camps with middle and high school students. We had a great time. The images here show mixed media works created during August camps at Big Shanty Art Station in Kennesaw, Georgia. We studied the work of American sculptor Louise Nevelson, who made assemblage works from found objects. Materials used include found objects, glue, sturdy cardboard and paint to unify works. You can find a quick listing of recent and upcoming classes, or workshops at the bottom of the page. Thank you for the internet love.

All for now - I appreciate you stopping by. Peace and Health -

Mixed Media Sculpture by one of my middle school students

Mixed Media Sculpture by one of my middle school students

Mixed Media Sculpture by one of my middle school students

Mixed Media Sculpture by one of my middle school students

Classes, Past and Upcoming
One day Paper making workshop
Saturday, August 22
Time: 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Marietta/Cobb Museum, Marietta, Ga
http://www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org/adult-classes.html

Charcoal classes at the Marietta/Cobb Museum, Marietta, Ga
September 26 - October 24, 2015 (4 Saturdays - No Class on October 10)
Time: 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
http://www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org/adult-classes.html

Demonstration and artist chat
Northwest Georgia Artist's Guild in
Dallas, Georgia - 9 November at 6:30 pm
http://www.georgiaart.net/

I invite you to visit me at my personal website - http://www.donnashiver.com/

Red Door Gallery - http://www.reddoor48.com/ is a shared work space on the historic square in Marietta, Georgia



No comments:

Post a Comment