Sunday, September 27, 2015


Donna's Daily Works - I call these my Apple A Day Works - much like an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me learn and become more aware of the color, design and shape of my art.






My post today for the Leslie Saeta 30 paintings in 30 days is just below. It's 27 of September, so this is number 27. I've included a photo of the set up as well. These pears were a lovely shape - so I decided to explore that aspect, as well as the colors in the red plum. I knew time was running out on their life expectancy...when that happens, it's time to do a quick paint. No shine this evening from the lighting at my window. :)


Red Plum, Yellow Pears set up 8 x 10 oil on canvas


And here's the completed painting...I'm a true fan of artist Maggie Siner and find her work a real source of inspiration. Her use of color and shape make for a wealth of satisfaction.




Red Plum, Yellow Pears 8 x 10 oil on canvas


One project I have slotted for this week is a portrait commission. I'm looking at things tonight so I can send a update to my client. This is her family's 20 year old pup...what a beautiful dog. I worked up this charcoal study to have a go at the stunning face on this girl...love her eyes and expression. It's due pretty quick - less than two weeks so I'll close for now and get back to it. Thanks for stopping by. Peace and Health...


Portrait Commission Sketch, charcoal and touches of red chalk





Reference Photo - what a beauty...

 








No comments:

Post a Comment