Saturday, September 12, 2015



Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.




Today's work was scheduled to include an early morning paint out in Marietta, Georgia. They sun wasn't shining right away so I made a trip down to the water early. There were plenty of ducks around feeding and the pale sky on the water was nice. I did a small sketch to try and capture some of the activity and solitude. These guys don't move too quickly, but I admit it was easy to get lost in the moment. This is the best I got...and since I made the decision to skip the paint out this morning, I call this Ducking Responsibility. :) Our forecast calls for sun tomorrow, a much better morning to paint out in Marietta.

11 x 14 charcoal on paper, Ducking Responsibility




I did post my painting to Leslie Saeta's blog this morning, bright and early....here's today's work for that challenge - a sunset by the lake last night. You can find all artist posts for this challenge, 30 paintings in 30 days, at http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/

That's all for now - thanks very much for stopping by. Enjoy the evening.
Peace and Health all...


Summer Sunset, 6 x 8 oil on cradled canvas





No comments:

Post a Comment