Friday, September 11, 2015


Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.




This set up features very dark grapes with a clementine. By the time I took the photo here there was some pretty bright light streaming in...apologies for the glare.
I find blue and orange fascinating colors, and just wanted to play with the theory of the subject matter here using a flat brush, my finger and painting knife. Always an education and with these hour or so still life paintings, I not only get to work from life in the comfort of a climate controlled room :) I don't have to fret about the result; no expectations with these works...just a learning process.


Morning set up at my window

Here is the painting in full detail. My husband returns from 10 days overseas this afternoon, so I'm headed upstairs to do some framing and clean up before going out to fetch him from the International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. It takes about an hour to get there so I'm off...thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great Friday and a better weekend. Peace and Health -



Blue and Orange, 10 x 8 oil on canvas


I invite you to visit me at http://www.donnashiver.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment