Wednesday, September 9, 2015


Donna's Apple A Day Works - akin to an apple a day helps to keep us in good health; a work a day helps me stay aware of the color, design and shape of my art.


Today's painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge includes one of my favorite snack items. Olives...I love em! More than this though, the red on this little jar was so eye catching and attractive - just quite lush with the light streaming in from my window. See for yourself...

Olive Jar, 8 x 10 oil on canvas


This morning I'm headed out to pick up work from the Marietta/Cobb Museum in Marietta, Georgia. Their Metro Montage exhibition has come to a close. The opening show was packed with great people, even more so than in previous years. Here are a couple of photos that show walls of the exhibition, and the postcard with featured works. Very nice showing and I am grateful to have been included with such a skilled group of artists, three of which are good friends and Red Door Gallery artists. You can visit the museum at http://www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org/






When I return home today I'll be working on a few projects. The image below, a study in charcoal of a little one and dear friend of the family will be on that to do list. This initial work will help me figure out issues with facial structure and composition. My thought is go fairly large with this one, and explore all that lovely dark space. I will call the final work, Make A Wish. All for now, thanks very much for stopping by...Peace and Health


First Study for Make A Wish, charcoal on 11 x 14 newsprint


I invite you to visit me at http://www.donnashiver.com/
http://www.reddoor48.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment