Thursday, September 1, 2016

Counting Brushstrokes...


Last of the Toms, oil on 8 x 8 primed paper
One...Two...Three.....and so on... :)


I've been cleaning out the garden the past two days, ten minutes here, twenty minutes there helps me take breaks and enjoy time outside the studio in the afternoon.  Our limited number of tomatoes made me think of restricting the number of brushstrokes in a tomato study.

So I started Day 1 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 painting challenge with the idea of using no more than 50 brushstrokes. These are fun and I learn so much. Limiting my palette and the number of times I move brush or knife across the surface of a painting helps me stay mindful of the economy in painting. I work to make the most of the time I have and take in the broader shapes.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the day all. Visit me at donnashiver.com

Peace and Health -  

No comments:

Post a Comment