Friday, September 2, 2016

 

Limited Palette and Brushstrokes...



Watering Can and Bowl
  This watering can belonged to my grandmother and it seems the perfect object for Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge. I continue my focus of economy in palette and brushstrokes with this fun study.

  I called my grandmother Abby, short for Abigail. She preferred this because, in her words, she was "too young to have a grandchild." I think of her whenever I use this can in a still life or to carry water to plants. I think of pulling weeds alongside her in the garden, or how we'd tie up tomato plants and the conversation in between all that.

  Shape and coloring draw me to this can. I appreciate the deception of this simple vessel, which is anything but easy. It makes me think about perspective, value and how to push color theory. Not unlike moments with my grandmother...all good stuff.

Thanks for stopping in and enjoy the day. I welcome you to visit me at donnashiver.com
Peace and Health - :)

No comments:

Post a Comment