Saturday, September 10, 2016



Playing with Background & Like Values...



Study for White Bowl, oil on 10 x 10 primed wood panel
It's a teaching day for me, but I have these really lovely maple wood panels and have wanted to try an oil primer on them to see how well they will accept paint. Painting the background on this panel was fun. I prepped the wood by sanding and giving it two applications of oil primer. The surface accepted paint pretty well, but it took three layers to build up the surface paint.

The best fun to me was playing with transparent colors when painting the background. I enjoyed using rags and brushstrokes to push the Burnt Sienna and Umber about the surface. Some wood shows through and that's okay with me for this piece.

I'm using this one for Day 10 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge - time to pack up and head out. I hope you all have a good day and thanks for stopping by.

Please visit me at donnashiver.com

Peace and Health all - :)








No comments:

Post a Comment