Tuesday, November 10, 2015



Working up a Portrait and studying Sargent...



Portrait Detail, charcoal on wood panel 











Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.

















Today is a portrait work session in preparation for a January showing. These pieces begin with charcoal studies like the one above. I make decisions afterward concerning which will become works in oil. Please wish me luck...:)

In looking at these pieces, I can't help but consider the works of John Singer Sargent. Just a few of my favorites can be seen below...thanks for stopping by. Have a great evening - Peace and Health

John Singer Sargent, Mrs. Charles Hunter


John Singer Sargent, Portrait of Vaslav Nijinsky


      John Singer Sargent, Carmela Bertagna,  beautiful...








No comments:

Post a Comment