Wednesday, November 4, 2015




Apple A Day Works

an apple a day helps keeps us in good health - a quick work at the start of each day teaches me and keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.





Today's morning work - just playing with color and brush strokes. Apples are one of my favorite subjects to work on and they're healthy eating after. I looked up the benefits of Granny Smith Apples and found some interesting reading. These guys are more than a pretty face, and are rich in antioxidants and more...


Color of Green, 6 x 6 oil on panel


Antioxidants

Apples are the main source of flavonoids in the Western diet and they are rich in vitamin C, explains Dr. Silvina Lotito, a research associate with the Linus Pauling Institute. Granny Smith apples are particularly high in the flavonoids cyanidin and epicatechin, although Red Delicious has more. Vitamin C and flavonoids act as antioxidants in your system and neutralize harmful free radicals. Having an abundance of free radicals roaming through your body leads to permanent damage of healthy cells and increases your risk of chronic diseases. Powerful antioxidants from Granny Smith apples lessen your risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke.


Information courtesy healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-granny-smith-apples-3334.html





Today's outdoor sketch in charcoal by Lake Allatoona in Woodstock, Georgia. It's been rather cold and wet lately, so this was a quick study with just a bit of sun now and again. I almost broke out paint, but then it began to sprinkle so I headed back to the studio. My dogs were glad because it was lunchtime. : )






I returned in studio and thought about coastal areas I've visited and painted. It's time to get back to these. This was done with knife and a limited palette of warm and cool blues, alizarin crimson, umber plus white. The day was beautiful and very much contributed to this work.

Being, Rocks and Water, 8 x 10 oil on canvas - featured in International Artist Magazine, 2014


Thanks for stopping by all and hope your day is great. I appreciate your time...Peace and Health

No comments:

Post a Comment