Wednesday, January 20, 2016

 

Morning Stretch...and Sketch


This past Saturday was the start up class for charcoal instruction I do at the Cobb Marietta Museum in Marietta GA. I enjoy these sessions and learn so much from everyone. Being in my own head as I work is one thing, but trying to explain a thought process is an entirely different skill set - one that I'm learning step by step, and set up by set up.

One of the new students explained to the group that she went to school for Art, but as student loans kicked in, she turned to the corporate world to help pay down debt. I can understand the need for this, and fully appreciate the idea of making money to cover bills. This student went on to say that she felt she has lost all ability to create drawings or paintings. To my mind, her skill is not lost. It just requires exercise...much like our muscles need daily work to stay fit and ready to move, lift and stretch, our capacity to paint and draw benefits from practice and challenge; or going beyond what we have done before.

Morning Set Up for Twenty Minute Sketch

Morning Stretch and Sketch

Previous Morning Stretch and Sketch

Fifteen Minute Sketch
Thirty Minute Sketch

My daily painting as I continue my series of Rainy Night Scenes. This is also my post for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days. More information here http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/

Thanks for looking..have a wonderful day and I welcome you to visit me at http://www.donnashiver.com/

 
Light Rain and Cafe




No comments:

Post a Comment