Sunday, December 6, 2015


 

Learning from the process of wiping paint away...

 

Dark Grapes and Apple, oil on 6 x 8 canvas panel

 

 

Apple A Day Works

an apple a day promotes good health, and a quick work at the start of each day keeps me aware of the color, design and shape of my art.

 

 

 

 

Ever have that feeling that wiping away whatever you've just begun is the best way to go? You know, we set up that small still life or get outdoors to paint until the light shifts, and somehow things seem off...not in accordance to the stars or our painter's soul. ;-)

 

It happens to me almost daily, and when it does sometimes I hold off and at other times, I just go for it. The rag is there, just waiting to be used in a big way. If I'm honest, on some level it hurts a bit but once it's done, I feel liberated. 

 

 These times work to my advantage all too often. That is to say, if I've wiped away a scene, plein air or still life, I've practiced...studied the objects or the scene and have some idea of what is before me. The values make sense to me, I see the line or the design that works best. I've tried things out. More to the point, I CAN do it again and I can do it as good or better than before.

That's all for now...take care all and Happy Painting. Peace and Health - 

City of Water, oil on 6 x 8 canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment